All tours are led by one of our experienced tour guides through the dinosaur age in an educational, entertaining, and interactive program. Our tours are suitable for all primary and secondary aged students and can be tailored to complement what students are learning in class.
Standard Tour (Daytime)
– The standard day tour runs for 90 minutes with a 60 minute guided tour, and 30 minutes to experience our interactive areas or to browse through Canberra’s largest display of fossils, minerals and natural crystals. The main exhibition will be fully lit, including all cabinet displays.
Dinosaurs at Night Tour
– The dinosaurs at night tour runs for 90 minutes with a 60 minute guided tour, and 30 minutes to experience our interactive areas or to browse through our shop. The night tours offer students the opportunity to learn about dinosaurs by torchlight – a great activity to fill up your nights in Canberra!
Premium Dinosaurs at Night Tour
– Our Premium Night Tours offer exclusive use of the museum after hours; a 60 minute tour by torchlight followed by 30 minutes for students to explore the exhibits with the lights on, and then 30 minutes in the gift shop or interactive areas.
Additional programs aim to offer a number of additional activities specifically designed to enhance the students’ visit with hands on activities. All additional programs can be added to the end of a standard museum tour.
– Students make their own fossil replica in plaster, cast from real fossils sourced from all over the world. This activity gives kids the opportunity to learn about how fossil replicas are made.
Fossil Hunter Special
– every child receives a fossil shark tooth. Students are then given material to help determine the species and place of origin of their particular specimen.
If you’d like to make a group booking to tour The National Dinosaur Museum, please fill out the form below with all your details and we’ll do our best to accommodate your group.
Booking date/time(s) are subject to availability. Your booking is not finalised until confirmation is received from museum staff.