Part Time and Casual General Staff
- Immediate start
- Fun and inclusive working environment
- Mature and experienced applicants encouraged to apply
- Salary based on the Amusement, Events and Recreation Award
The National Dinosaur Museum is seeking part time or casual staff to work as tour guides to deliver educational programs and also provide retail assistance in our gift shop.
About the Role
- The Museum is seeking Tour Guides to deliver programs and activities to various audiences, including schools and families.
- Museum staff are busy during school term time providing education programs and presentations to kindergartens, primary and secondary schools.
- During holiday periods staff facilitate tours and activities for families with young children all linked to the Museum’s collection.
- Our gift shop houses the largest collection of crystals, gemstones, fossils and minerals in Canberra as well as dinosaur themed gifts and the role requires a flexible attitude to splitting time between tours and the gift shop
- Full training for tours and retail provided
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducting day or night tours of the museum.
- Hosting and assisting with birthday parties.
- Providing retail and customer service in the gift shop, including cash handling, POS, stock control and merchandising.
- Flexible work attitude to assist with cleaning and other general duties as required
Relevant Skills & Experience
- Role will suit candidates with a background or knowledge of palaeontology or geology and an interest in dinosaurs (but not essential as training provided).
- Customer service experience in a retail setting is preferred.
- Experience working with children will be highly regarded.
- High level communication skills – both verbal and written
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Availability to work weekends and evenings essential
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to the General Manager at [email protected]