Explore the National Dinosaur Museum by torchlight on one of our exciting night tours. The galleries can be seen in a very different light as our guides lead you on a journey of discovery over…
Echoes from the Eons
a series of podcasts presented by the Where You Are Festival with the support of the ACT Government
The National Dinosaur Museum is excited to partner with Events ACT and Rise Canberra to deliver a series of podcasts during the Where You Are Festival.
We aim to educate and entertain you by delving deep into 5 key themes covering a diverse range of prehistoric topics:
- July 10. Episode 1. Introduction to Early History – the difference between palaeontology, archaeology and subgroups
- July 24. Episode 2. Australia’s Shadows – an introduction to Australian specific palaeontology.
- August 07. Episode 3. Making Dinosaurs Beautiful – a look at how dinosaurs have been captured in popular culture and history
- August 24. Episode 4. Beasts between Time – a look at megafauna, particularly focusing on Australian megafauna
- September 04. Episode 5. Land of Jewels – Introducing some history surrounding gold and opals in Australia, their historical impact, modern use and function
Narrated by Samantha Chester with research from our passionate National Dinosaur Museum team we hope the podcasts provoke thought and encourage you to re-visit the museum to discover the wealth of content we showcase.
Where You Are Festival
The Where You Are Festival, a two-month long program of exciting and vibrant events and experiences from local organisations, creators, event organisers, artists and businesses, promises a festival like no other.
Curated by Events ACT, the Where You Are Festival will be the typical festival re-imagined, delivering a program connecting the ACT community with the best experiences the Canberra region has to offer, both online and offline, from ‘Where You Are’ right now, while restrictions on mass gatherings are in place.
Delivered under the umbrella of RISE Canberra – the ACT government’s COVID-19 event sector support program, the Where You Are Festival will feature unique Canberra experiences across art and culture, music, ideas and forums, sport, community and food.
The program will promote Canberra as a lively, innovative and creative centre, and will inspire audiences to realise that creativity, connection and community all continue to thrive wherever we find ourselves.