The National Dinosaur Museum is not just about Dinosaurs.
The exhibitions cover the history of life on this planet with fossils from 700-million-year-old marine fauna through to fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals.
- Interpretive displays from the prehistoric past to enhance understanding of extinct biodiversity
- Easy-to-read, educational information panels
- Beautiful murals depicting reconstructions of prehistoric environments
- Skulls, skeletons, replica models and interactive animatronic dinosaurs
- Fossils not on display anywhere else in the world
The diversity of the exhibition has never been stronger, with new murals and many new fossils for a more cohesive story of the past. The exhibition compares the life of all plants and animals in a chronological, easy-to-follow manner, suitable for everyone.
The National Dinosaur Museum features a landscaped dinosaur garden complete with life-like fibreglass models.
Encounter Stan – Canberra’s larger than life big dinosaur who is 20 metres long and towers above our entrance being a lofty six metres tall.
A large undercover deck suitable for presentations, picnics and catered events is also available.
A few examples of the fantastic displays to be found inside the museum. Come in to see these and many more!