Health and Safety Precautions at The National Dinosaur Museum
Following advice from the government and health experts regarding enhanced prevention measures for the Covid-19 virus, we have made some temporary adjustments to our operational procedures.
The safety and wellbeing of our customers and staff is our main priority and these measures will be implemented to ensure a responsible and enjoyable environment for everyone.
New procedures include:
- Providing information to all employees on relevant official advice and procedures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Promoting good hand hygiene by providing hand washing facilities and/or alcohol-based hand sanitiser and appropriate waste receptacles throughout the museum and store
- Training staff on hand and respiratory hygiene and physical distancing and making workplace information available in a central place
- Supporting physical distancing of at least 1.5 metres distance between customers and staff.
- We will manage customer numbers and have systems in place to monitor and control the numbers of customers in the museum at any given time.
- We have reminders about precautions around the museum and store for social distancing, hand hygiene, cough and sneeze behaviour.
- For the foreseeable future we prefer and encourage cashless transactions to reduce contact. Tickets can be bought in advance online through our website
- We have reviewed all high contact touch points and have a roster to undertake frequent cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched and high contact areas
We also encourage our guests to follow these simple procedures when visiting the National Dinosaur Museum
- Wash your hands before and after you shop – we have hand sanitiser available at entry and reception
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 metres (or 2 arms lengths) away from others
- Only touch what you intend to buy
- Queue on the yellow markers to maintain a safe physical distance at the check out
- If you can, use a contactless payment method and buy admission tickets online in advance
- If you are using cash or touch the EFTPOS machine, do not touch your face until you have been able to thoroughly wash your hands